Tui Lodge Policies:
CHECK IN – Terms & Conditions
All rates are quoted in New Zealand Dollars on a per night basis and include GST of 15%. All accounts must be settled directly with Tui Lodge Te Kaha in New Zealand Dollars.
Age: You must be 18yrs or over.
All reservations, bookings and enquiries can be made by Email or Facsimile and will be replied to within 24 hours. For instant confirmation please reserve via our website or alternatively call us directly.
P: +64 07 325 2922 between 8 am – 8 pm
Reservation via the phone will require full customer and credit card details. Payment will be taken in full at the time of arrival via an approved method of payment (Visa, MasterCard or Eftpos). Proof of ID will be required and the presentation of the credit card given at the time of booking.
Reservations via the phone where the user does not have a credit card will be given 24hrs to confirm their booking, using a credit card or depositing the full value of the stay directly into our accounts. Rooms will not be held longer than this time period without confirmation.
PLEASE NOTE: there is not cash on site and all transactions are via Credit Card, Eftpos, or internet banking.
Arrival and Departure Times
Check in time is 2pm – Upon arrival, each guest will be required to sign a standard Tui Lodge Te Kaha registration form, and accept the terms and conditions therein of his/her stay.
Check out time is 10am – At the discretion of Management on the day of departure, late check-out may be available. Please check with reception should you require this facility. There may be a charge applied for a late check out.
Late Check in
All Guests are required to check in by 9pm. If you are unable to check in by 9pm, please phone us on 07 325 2922 to arrange key collection. Guests that do not contact us will be charged a late check in fee of $50.00.
Free Cancellation if cancelled up to two days before date of arrival (2:00pm Check-In) unless in the case of School, Public Holidays and Group bookings (**see note below). If cancelled or modified later or in case of no show, the full amount for the first night will be charged.
- ** School & Public Holidays: 7 days’ notice is required for cancellations or amendments otherwise no refund would be given on your Booking Deposit unless unit and all like units are resold.
** Group Bookings (three or more units): if cancelled up to 30 days before date of arrival a $20 administration fee will be charged. If cancelled or modified later (less than 30 days) or in case of no show the full amount of the booking will be charged as originally quoted. Confirmation of guest numbers must be made 15 days prior to arrival.
For all bookings there is no refund for early check-out the guests will have their credit card charged in the event of any cancellation.
PLEASE NOTE: A No cancellation policy applies to Special Events and Promotional room rates.
Credit Card guarantees / on line reservation
Online reservations through Tui Lodge Te Kaha website requires authorisation of a current / valid credit card, or the first nights charge by secure payment gateway.
Early departure from the reserved date as per booking may not result in a refund. It is the Manager’s discretion whether a refund will be given.
Tui Lodge Te Kaha is a smoke free complex and therefore smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property.
If a guest does smoke, we have a designated area, at the back of the lodge. Please enquire at reception. We ask also that you are mindful of other guests, especially children.
In the event of a guest or someone visiting a guest at the Lodge smokes in the room, a specialist cleaning company will be hired and the charges for this will be passed onto the registered guest of that room. We reserve the right to charge such costs and any resulting loss of income to the registered guest. “Resulting loss of income” could result from the room being unavailable for cleaning and stops the Lodge from selling the room.
If a room is left in an unsatisfactory state, which includes excessive rubbish, misuse of Lodge property (including Manchester), any unhygienic use of property, excessive mess or odour in the kitchen resulting in an unscheduled cleaning time by Tui Lodge staff, the registered guest will be charged a $50.00 cleaning fee.
Damage to Motel Property
Damage to property should be reported immediately. Assessments are done upon full cleans after check outs and non-reported damage will be automatically charged at market rates for any repairs or replacements.
Visitors are permitted at Management’s discretion. The registered guest is responsible for the behaviour of all persons / visitors whilst on the property. All deliberate or reckless acts that result in damage to our property, that require specialist cleaning or repair will be charged to the registered guest. Visitors must depart the property by 8pm.
All accounts are payable on arrival. Where special arrangements have been made, an overdue fee may have a surcharge. We reserve the right to charge overdue / recovery fees on all accounts not paid by due date.
Children 2 years of age and under are free of charge when accompanied by a paying adult and using their own Port-A-Cot. In circumstances where additional beds or bedding are required or used, the extra person rate will apply. Beds that are unnecessarily used that are not part of the tariff could be charged as well. We also note that it is the parent’s responsibility to supervise the child at all times.
Tui Lodge Te Kaha will not be in any breach of this agreement or in any way liable, if it is prevented from complying with the supply of accommodation and other related services by reason of Act of God, Act of Public Enemy, War, Earthquake, Riot, Fire, Storm, Flood, Explosion, Compliance with any Law of Government Restraint Order, Rule Regulations, Strikes, Lock Outs or any other cause not reasonably within the control of the Lodge.
1. Personal information about visitors to our site is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws in New Zealand.
Use of Information
Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
Credit Card Details
4. Credit Card details and payment are taken at the time of booking, therefore on arrival we will request proof of id and completion of our registration card.
5. Apart from where you have consented or disclosure is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was submitted, personal information may be disclosed in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring, or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. Also, we may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires disclosure.
6. We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services.
7. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our site, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
8. However, we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
9. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. However, we will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Collecting Information for Users
10. IP Addresses
Our web servers gather your IP address to assist with the diagnosis of problems or support issues with our services. Again, information is gathered in aggregate only and cannot be traced to an individual user.
11. Cookies and Applets
This aggregate, non-personal information is collated and provided to us to assist in analysing the usage of the site.
Access to Information
12. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
13. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
Links to other sites
14. We provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of using that Web site and its privacy statement.
Problems or questions